Window Tinting FAQ
What is Window Tint?
Window tint is a transparent, often times darker, film applied to the inside of a vehicles window.
Why do I want tinted windows on my vehicle?
- Decreases Heat Absorption: The baseline window tint we provide offers up to a 63% reduction in absorption of heat from the sun.
- Added Level of Privacy: Tired of feeling like you’re driving around in a fish bowl? With window tint, it prevents prying eyes and people in rush hour traffic from peaking into your car.
- Protect Your Interior: Due to the fact that our window tint blocks 99% of harmful UV rays, this reduces the possibility of fading on your vehicles interior over time.
- Decrease Distracting Glare: Tinted windows are less susceptible to glare from the sun or other reflective objects.
- Protect Your Belongings: Depending on the percentage of tint you have applied to your vehicle (we offer 35% and 20%), you’re windows will be much more difficult to see though from the outside while still giving you great viability from the inside.
- It Looks Great! A darker shade of tint can enhance the aesthetics of any car.
How does it work?
Window tint is a self adhesive, polyester film, that is applied to the inside of a vehicles window using a wet installation process. This means that the window and film itself are sprayed with a water based lubricant which is then pressed out once applied the window. Window tint is made to reflect solar radiation but the amount of light and heat reflected depends on both the type and darkness of the film applied. Think of it as sunscreen for your windows.
I have heard tinting windows can cause issues with cell phone and GPS reception. Does your film do this?
No. Because we only use ceramic/carbon constructed window film instead of a metallic based, lower quality film, your cell phone reception will be unaffected by the installation of our window tints.
I have called several shops in the area and received cheaper quotes for window tint installs. Why is NWAS more expensive?
This is a question we get a lot. Our name is only as good as the work we produce so we only offer the highest quality, ceramic, automotive, window films to our customers. Many other shops that offer window tinting will quote you for an installation of their lowest grade film just to get you in the door. Not until you get there do you realize that to get the kind of high quality film we offer, it will usually cost you more at another shop. Click Here To Get A Quote!
How is window tint installed?
We hand-cut all of our installations to ensure maximum coverage, and as clean an install as possible to give your car the look you desire.
EXAMPLES OF SUN-GARD SHADOW LINE
EXAMPLES OF SUNTEK CXP
EXAMPLES OF PRESTIGE SPECTRA PHOTOSYNC (35% PICTURED)
For more information about the benefits of this top tier window tint film, check out this product spotlight featuring a Tesla Model S!
Prestige Film Technologies Spectra PhotoSync installed on Tesla Model S
window tint PhotoSync spectra Tesla Model S
PhotoSync window tint Tesla
NorthWest Auto Salon is the premier facility for Window Tinting in the greater Seattle area.
Please click here if you would like to schedule your window tinting appointment with us today!