Window Tinting FAQ
NorthWest Auto Salon is the premier facility for Window Tinting in the greater Seattle area.
Please click here if you would like to schedule your Seattle window tinting appointment with us today!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Window Tint?
- Window tint is a transparent, often times darker, film applied to the inside of a vehicles window.
Why do I want tinted windows on my vehicle?
Decreases Heat Absorption: The window tint we provide offers up to a 63% reduction in absorption of heat from the sun.
Added Level of Privacy: Tired of feeling like you’re driving around in a fish bowl? With window tint, it prevents prying eyes and people in rush hour traffic from peaking into your car.
Protect Your Interior: Due to the fact that our window tint blocks 99% of harmful UV rays, this reduces the possibility of fading on your vehicles interior over time.
Decrease Distracting Glare: Tinted windows are less susceptible to glare from the sun or other reflective objects
Protect Your Belongings: Depending on the percentage of tint you have applied to your vehicle (we offer 35% and 20%), you’re windows will be much more difficult to see though from the outside while still giving you great viability from the inside.
It Looks Great! A darker shade of tint can enhance the aesthetics of any car!
How does it work?
- Window tint is a self adhesive, polyester film, that is applied to the inside of a vehicles window using a wet installation process. This means that the window and film itself are sprayed with a water based lubricant which is then pressed out once applied the window. Window tint is made to reflect solar radiation but the amount of light and heat reflected depends on both the type and darkness of the film applied. Think of it as sunscreen for your windows.
I have heard tinting windows can cause issues with cell phone and GPS reception. Does yours?
- No. Because we use a ceramic window film instead of a metallic based, lower quality film, you cell phone reception will be unaffected by the installation of our window tints.
I have called several shops in the area and have gotten cheaper quotes for a window tint installation. Why is yours more expensive?
- This is a question we get a lot. Our name is only as good as the work we produce so we only offer the highest quality, ceramic, automotive, window films to our customers. Many other shops that offer window tinting will quote you for an installation of their lowest grade film just to get you in the door. Not until you get there do you realize that to get the kind of high quality film we offer, it will usually cost you more at another shop!
How is window tint installed?
- We hand-cut all of our installations to ensure maximum coverage, and as clean an install as possible to give your car the look you desire.
There are so many brands of window film out there. Why use Johnson?
- As mentioned above, a business like ours is only as good as the work we can produce. Providing our customers with anything but the best of the best will reflect poorly on our reputation. That being said, we pick Johnson Window Films because they have been in the business of making these films for over 30 years. Many other companies who make window film also offer a wide array of other products. Very few companies only produce window film and Johnson is one of them. Because window film is all they do, Johnson is able to continually concentrate on innovation and producing the best film possible in the industry.
Call us today to schedule the best window tinting service Seattle has to offer!